Invite Teresa to Speak Today!
Where Privilege and Purpose Coalesce to Form
A Heart That MatterS
Don’t Settle For Less
You Have Your Illness, Your Illness Doesn’t Have to Have You
Through her tireless efforts on behalf of fellow heart and multiple sclerosis patients, Teresa has shown by example that you can life your life bravely while battling chronic illnesses. She has inspired others with a message built on the idea that no matter how you live with your illness, it is only a passenger along for the ride of life, not the ride itself.
My Thoughts, My Words
My Latest Articles & Blog
I’m blessed to be able to share my message with others through published articles. Read my latest thoughts on how to live with chronic illnesses.
A Mix of Inspiration and Education.
I’m Here to Help
Privilege of Purpose
Maintaining Good Health & Spirits
Have A Heart for Yourself
Multiple Sclerosis & The Black Community
Managing Multiple Chronic Illnesses
You Don’t Have to be a Warrior
From My Lips
Words and images have power and this is why I am uploading videos that I hope can inspire, encourage, and educate.
an Introduction to
Teresa I. Wright-Johnson is a married Multiple Sclerosis Warrior and Congenital Heart Disease Survivor. She was born with a heart murmur and an Aortic Valve Defect. Teresa has endured multiple open heart surgeries and cardiac procedures. She was diagnosed with MS in November of 2014 and is under the care of an esteemed MS Specialist. Teresa knows there is a calling on her life and she fully embraces that. Teresa uses her illnesses as opportunities to further rely on her faith, walk in her truth, raise awareness and educate others. She believes that she is purposely on purpose. Teresa offers a solid background in Criminal Justice and Social Services. A graduate of Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ and a retired Sr. Parole Officer for the State of New Jersey.
Education & Professional Experience
-Rutgers University graduate (Go Scarlet Knights!)
-Retired Senior Parole Officer for the New Jersey State Parole board with an extensive background in Criminal Justice and Social Services
-Columnist for Multiple Sclerosis News
– Author for Modern Day MS
-Guest writer for Nia Magazine, Emerge Woman, and iPain Magazine
Organizations & Associations
– Board of Directors Member for Lehigh Valley American Heart Association
-2020 Advisor, Janessen HealtheVoices
– Board of Directors for US Heart Valve Voice
– Health and Wellness Chair for the NAACP
– Engagement Committee for iConquerMS
– Participant on Multiple Advisory Boards
Accolades and Awards
– Essex County of Board of Chosen Freeholders Commendation for Compassionate Community Service
– Easton Branch #2260 Image Award
– iPain 2019 Hero of Hope
– PA House of Representatives Recognition of Outstanding Health Awareness
– PA Legislative Black Caucus Acknowledgement
– Newark Bronze Shields, Inc. Inaugural Courage Award
– Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Omega Mu Zeta President’s Pick Award
– Lillian & Lillian Foundation Law Enforcement Award